It’s hard to believe that we’ve been living in our home for almost one year. What a busy year it’s been. As first timers, we certainly learned a lot along the way. With the one year anniversary creeping up on us, it got us thinking…if we could do it all over again, what would we do differently? A few things came to mind, but here is a list of the top 5.
1. Not installing a utility sink in the laundry room-would have come in handy during the months without a kitchen sink.
2. Painting and trimming a room and then deciding to knock it down-even our handyman got annoyed with us for doing this. But it turned out to be the best change, opening up the room and widening a doorway.
3. Assuming that you have to buy everything at Home Depot-don’t get me wrong, we have a special place in our heart for this store, but there are some good deals to be found at locally owned, specialty hardware stores.
4. Installing a white ceramic floor in the bathroom-we are each cleaning this thing daily!
5. Decided to insulate the attic after we packed it with stuff. Oops. Maybe this project will inspire a spring yard sale?!?
We have to admit, even though it’s been a lot of work, the reward is huge.