The day has finally come! It was a BIG week for The Fixers. We finally had our kitchen countertops installed along with the rest of our brand spankin’ new appliances! As promised, here’s a post with some pictures.
Let’s start with the lovely before. Please note the”Oh so 70’s” and “Oh so familiar” Harvest Gold Linoleum Flooring (shout out to Gina and Brett for helping us remove this bad boy):
And now, the After:
So here’s what we did:
- Painted the existing upper cabinets since they were in decent shape (Benjamin Moore Dove White)
- Closed a doorway and moved our new fridge (GE Profile with bottom freezer drawer) to where the doorway used to be
- Added lower cabinets from Lowes, the Shenandoah Brand and painted them to match the uppers and one glass front upper above the sink
- Added hardwood floors (Stained in Miniwax Provencial with a satin finish)
- Carrera white marble countertops with an Ogee Edge
- 24′ Rohl Shaw’s Apron Front Farmhouse sink from Asco Plumbing in Stamford, CT (Lauren V. is the best!)
- Danze faucet also from Asco (thanks again Lauren!!)
- Appliances compliments of Del-Mar Appliances in Delaware (Bruce, Beth, Joanne and Frank we can’t thank you enough). Del-Mar is the absolute best appliance store by the way! We went with all GE profile appliances-single double wall oven mounted under the countertop, new dishwasher, microwave with a vented hood and an induction cooktop
- We pulled a lot of favors here…fortunately we’re blessed with the best family ever. Thank you everyone for listening to us and helping us throughout this ordeal. Here are some shout outs: Thanks for pointing us in the right direction, for helping getting us get some amazing prices (Cousin Ron, Dad, and Mom), for washing our dishes when we didn’t have a sink (Mom), for giving us some great ideas (Moms and Dads and company like Footer, Aunt Nancy, Aunt Fran, Aunt Jo, Aunt Darlene, Aunt Caroline), moral support and prep work (our cutie cousins Amanda, Gina, Lauren, Brett and great friends like Stan) and last but not least…for cooking meals for us when we overdosed on take-out (Mom, Aunts, Friends and neighbors too)! xoxo
- We still have a few things left to do, like the back-splash and hardware knobs and pulls. In the meantime, we’re learning how to cook again and trying to figure out how to use these new gadgets. Don’t worry, we’ll keep you posted!